Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Boise Bound!!

Okay so I'm going to BOISE! Clark set up a great opportunity for us to go and Volunteer at the "Worldwide Special Olympics". I'm really excited for this chance to go serve some very deserving people. We are going to be the liason between the hosts and the teams . We are working with 2 teams one from Chile and one from Columbia. Their sport is Floor Hockey. I can't wait to see how much fun this is going to be! So I hear that it is really cold in Boise! Hmmm ... Any suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated.
We also will be taking a few care packages up to Elder Leonard. Other wise known as Alyss'a missionary! That should be great as well.
Then to top it all off We are going to get to see a dear friend of mine I haven't seen for about 20 years or so. She was once married to my brother many moons ago. They have a son together. I'm way excited to be BOISE BOUND!!!!
I will take lots of pictures of this awesome event!!

9 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

Yay for fun trips! I'm so excited for you guys! What an awesome chance you have to do this...you better take LOADS of pictures! Don't freeze your buns off! Love you mama!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Aw yay mama!! A new post hip hip hooray!! Hope you have tons of fun and say Ello to GRRRRRRTH!!!

☂niki. said...

how exciting! can't wait to hear all about it. you'll do just fine in the cold. just bring lots of layers and make sure you have either turtle necks or scarves(preferably both) oh and hats or beanies of course! my ears, nose and mouth were what got the coldest. warm gloves and a pair of leg warmers were very beneficial as well! the anticipation is the worst part. i got myself so worked up that when i was actually there it was a lot more bearable than i thought. good luck and have fun!

Gail said...

Have a great trip! You deserve it and what an awesome thing your doing by serving others too. BTW, Happy Belated Birthday! Don't freeze....I have lots of Winter stuff if you want to borrow anything:).

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

yay have fun MiMi! keep your boots on! If you happen to meet an Elder Harvey there, thats my brother in law and tell him I said HI. K thanks i love you :)

Gail said...

I don't mean to double comment, but since you hadn't posted again, I felt I just had to tell you something. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my last post. Your insight is truly inspired, I never had thought about heaven in that way. I think you are so right though that we will have to learn to love and accept ourselves and when we finally do, that will be celestial. I know I'm not saying it right, but I do get it. Anyway, it meant so much that we connected on this and I just wanted to say I think the world of you and I love you too! You're the best:).

Kristy Treible said...

I love Boise! Jeff and I wanted to move there not too long ago! Hope you had fun! I need your address or where to send baby shower invite!

Alexa Mae said...

hey melia! i wanted to thank you so much for your inspiring comment about being ringless. it meant so much! and thanks again for backing me up with "anonymous". i was like what the heck! so thanks for the support! luv ya!

☂niki. said...

just had to tell you that i LOVE what you said on alex's blog. you hit the nail right on the head.